The ICHSWJ is a biennial conference for racing administrators, racecourse doctors, researchers and jockeys' associations.
The first conference was held in Tokyo (Japan) in 2006 and the ICHSWJ was officially recognised as one of the sub-committees of the IFHA in 2009.
There have been seven conferences to date which were held in Tokyo - Japan (2006), Antalya - Turkey (2008), Monmouth Park - USA (2012 & 2013), Hong Kong - (2015, Dubai - UAE (2010, 2017 and 2019).
The conference features presentations from the World's leading racing administrators, racecourse doctors and researchers who work closely with jockeys both on the racecourse and through research studies.
Since it's inauguration, the conference has been attended by representatives from 7 countries.
To provide a forum to discuss and implement strategies to raise the standards of safely and the standards of care provided to jockeys.
- Raise awareness of jockeys' health, safety and welfare issues
- Harmonise standards and procedures throughout the world
- Harmonise the collection of injury data
- Provide a forum for the sharing of information
- Share research findings and foster collaboration
- Propose strategies to deal with issues on a global basis
- Setup a more effective communication mechanism between countries